SAN FRANCISCO, CA — Celebrating the 55th anniversary of Alcatraz Island’s closure as a federal prison, the Parc 55 San Francisco is setting the stage for “Alcatraz: Life on the Rock” and “Alcatraz, The Last Day” exhibits. In addition, the hotel will be hosting a speaker series with former guards, a prisoner and residents of the island as well as an exclusive Alcatraz Weekender Package.
On display from January 20 through June 28, 2018, the FREE display is an ideal way for families, students and visitors alike to get a real feel for the history of and the fascination with Alcatraz Island, whether or not they can make their way to “The Rock.”
Additionally, starting February 21, 2018, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square will also hold a couple of choice exhibit items in the hotel’s lobby, including the replica jail cell and the escape route display. These items will also be on display through June 28, 2018.
Both the Parc 55 and Hilton Union Square are also offering an exclusive Alcatraz Escape Weekender Package, which includes accommodations, a self-guided tour of the two exhibits and a special keepsake. Package rates start at $259 per night. Links to the deals are as follows: Hilton Link – http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-san-francisco-union-square-SFOFHHH/offers/100109730.htm Parc 55 Link – http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/parc-55-san-francisco-a-hilton-hotel-SFOSFHH/offers/100109732.htm
Dates of note:
* January 20 – June 28, 2018: Alcatraz Exhibit on display at Parc 55 San Francisco
* February 21 – June 28, 2018: Alcatraz replica jail cell and infamous escape route component on display at Hilton San Francisco Union Square
* February 28, 2018: Launch of speaker series with former inmate Bill Baker
* March 21, 2018: 55th Anniversary party with former guard Jim Albright and last man standing on Alcatraz Prison
* April 26, 2018: Speaker series with historian John Martini, “200 years on The Rock” – Alcatraz! The Whole Shocking Story
* May 24, 2018: Speaker series with former resident Jolene Babyak
For more information about the exhibit or for reservations at Hilton San Francisco Union Square, please visit www.hiltonsanfranciscohotel.com or call (415) 771-1400. For more information about and reservations for Parc 55 San Francisco, visit www.parc55hotel.com or call (415) 392-8000. Visit http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/exhibitfor information about “Alcatraz: Life on the Rock” and “Alcatraz: The Last Day”