Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks Highlight America’s Treasures April 17-25, 2021
Visit Visalia is excited to celebrate National Parks Week April 17-25, 2021, in conjunction with the National Parks Service event held annually to highlight America’s treasures. The visitors bureau has created several events and activities for anyone looking to learn more about the parks and the gateway city of Visalia.
Some highlights of Visit Visalia’s activities, which are family-friendly, include:
- In gratitude to our men and women of the military, Visit Visalia will be giving away a 2-night stay to a service member and their family. The contest will kick off on Military Monday (April 19) with entries submitted through the website during the week. The winner will be drawn at random on Monday, April 27, 2021.
- For non-military families Visit Visalia will also be doing a giveaway during the week. Three lucky winners will be drawn at random to receive a 7-day pass to Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks. Entries will also be submitted through the website and awarded on Monday, April 27, 2021.
- A special Sequoia Tree Talk by Krista Simonic of Sequoia Guides will be held at the Sequoia Legacy Tree in Downtown Visalia on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 5:00. Visitors are welcome to join around the tree to learn all about this amazing species and have a little fun during the 30-minute presentation.
- On Friendship Friday, April 23, 2021, Visit Visalia will give visitors to its office a free picture postcard – including a stamp – featuring the General Sherman Tree and other top sites to send to a friend anywhere in the country.
- Kids will love Junior Ranger Day on Saturday, April 24. The NPS program will be conducted virtually, including the swearing-in by a Park Ranger of those that complete the activities. Kids can bring their Junior Range Badge into the Visit Visalia office anytime until June 30 for a free congratulatory gift.
- Help your pup be a B.A.R.K. Ranger by joining us for a “Pups and People” walk at Kaweah Oaks Preserve on Sunday, April 25 at 9:00 am. Leashed and well-behaved dogs are welcome and will get a FREE treat!
Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks will be free to enter for all visitors on Saturday, April 17, to kick off the week’s events.
Along with the activities, Visit Visalia is offering a limited-time promotion. With its “Have a Big Adventure on Us” promotion, visitors who book a three-night stay in any participating Visalia hotels will receive their choice of either a free Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks Annual Pass or a free $50 Gas Card. The offer is good until June 30, 2021, or while supplies last.
“We are so excited to provide our visitors with fun activities and information about the National Parks. We are especially excited and honored to provide a weekend getaway for a lucky military family,” said Nellie Freeborn, executive director of Visit Visalia.
A full listing of Visit Visalia’s activities can be found on our website at https://www.visitvisalia.com/national-parks-week-2021and will be announced on our social media channels.
Located in central California within easy access from major cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco, Visalia makes a great home base for exploration of the nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Visitors can also experience the best in local food, culture, and adventure.
* Complete rules and regulations for the giveaways and promotions can be found on the Visit Visalia website. Look for announcements on our social media. Offers good while supplies last.
Want more National Park content? Click here!